Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Food, Radiator, Gunsmith

This morning I helped to count the food that we received from the Word Food Program into a couple trucks so that the food the schools receive get the correct amount. After a shipment from the WFP like this we send out the food to the associated schools for distribution to the schoolchildren.

Radiator

Well, somethings go as planned. The radiator that I planned to remove today actually got removed and sent for repair. It should be waiting for me to install it in the morning and then that truck will be used to deliver more food.

Gunsmith

Mr. Chris called me this morning and asked me if I knew anything about guns. I don't. I said I would look at it and clean it up - one wasn't working and the other just needed to be cleaned. The one that didn't work, I took apart every piece. The trigger mechanism was the most complicated (it's a 12 gauge pump shotgun). I took some picture so that I could reference how it went back together. Two pictures really helped. There was one piece that was buried in the mechanism and I didn't see where it came from. By the grace of God, I found the spot where it went and it all worked great. It took me about half a day. I fired about 15 shots into the air to make sure that it worked OK. (I really didn't - but wanted to - although with what happened after the pellet gun incident, perhaps I should stay away from actually firing the gun). The other gun I'll take a look at another time. (Google rotated my image again - why does it do that? - the little yellow and blue things are batteries for Carter's and my remote control car, they are not shotgun shells).


No comments: