Sunday, April 12, 2009

Birthday, Painting, Trampoline, Sting, Sick, Anniversary, Happy Easter!

On Friday night at dining hall we celebrated Carter's birthday. He received many nice gifts from the families here at the Mission! We thank them all very much for making it a special evening for Carter!


Painting

Yesterday morning we finished up painting the outside of the first floor (the floor in which we live) of our building in the dark green color that was started. It looks really nice now and hopefully it will last a long time - this paint seems REALLY good.

Trampoline

After I got all cleaned up, I ran into Pastor Rob and talked with him about a trampoline that was sent by Cliff, the former mechanic from Michigan who was here about a month ago, and never put up. We went over the rule and location and then Carter, Christopher, and I started to put it together.

Sting

Where we were putting it up, there was a bee hive and after about 10 minutes of working, the bees decided that they didn't like us being there and that they were going to convince us to go elsewhere. After I got stung twice (once on the tip of my nose and once in my side), their convincing worked.

I went home and got iced up - I had never been stung before so I was watching for the allergic reaction which never happened (praise God!). So we waited about 20 minutes for them to settle down and then we sneaked around to disassemble it and found a new location. Mr. Neal and I finished it up and then the kids were bouncing their way to fun.




Sick

Last night Tina made one of her great pizza's. Tina's body decided that it wanted to evacuate all systems, so she was in the bathroom for most of the night. She was saying that it was the worst that she could ever remember. She is feeling pretty tired this morning. This event marks the second time in 9.5 months that someone in our family has vomited. That is far better than I ever expected - for that we Praise God!

Anniversary

12 years ago today, two young people who were born two days apart and were in the same hospital nursery together and who met as freshmen in high school (we have known each other well for 19 years), we joined forever in holy matrimony. Today marks a dozen year of marriage for us here on this earth and they have been great days. I continue to know more about my wife and have never regretted one moment my choice of a bride. I love her dearly and always will. I pray that we can stay strong and continue our relationship always focusing on one another. I love you Tina!

Our photographer took this great black and white picture of Tina and I walking down the aisle. Isn't her dress beautiful? (I don't have any wedding pictures on my computer unfortunately!)



HAPPY EASTER! HE IS RISEN!

No comments: