Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maundy Thursday, Short Trip: Cycle & Dog, Bamboo

We are deeply going to miss the Maundy Thursday service at Bethlehem Baptist in Minneapolis tonight. Tina and I went to this service for the last few years and it is really done well. I would highly recommend going if you are in the area.

Short Trip

Cycle


Mr. Chris, who lives upstairs, and went to his church a few miles down the road to check on a generator. On the way there we saw, just after it happened, a motorcyclist that went over the mountain. He appeared to be OK, but his cycle didn't.


Dog

Once we got to the church, shortly thereafter we heard some yelping. I went to look and a dog got it's back end/leg(s) run over and it wasn't comfortable. It eventually drug itself to the side of the road where it laid down. I could see it breathing still. In the picture, the guy with the bucket of water poured some water on it which made it get up and yelp some more. I had to go so I couldn't stay and watch. When we left the church, the dog was nowhere to be seen.


Bamboo

A couple nights ago we took this picture of our kids in a stack of bamboo.

No comments: