Thursday, May 14, 2009

Two Trips to Town, Rain

Wednesday I took two trips to Port. One was inside one of our passenger trucks with Tina to go sign paperwork so that we can get our permits to be here and to get my driver's license. We should have it finalized in a couple days (too bad the adoption doesn't go this quickly).

The second trip was to pick up a few (3) crates that had been shipped here from Michigan. I rode in the back of our steakbed inhaling all the dust, diesel fumes, and smoke. It started out sprinkling up in the mountains and then was HOT down in Port. It is nice to ride out in the open and see all that there is to see. The crates that came in weren't large so it wasn't too much work. There is a mentally and physically challenged worker of ours that went with us and we almost left without him. It was a pretty funny scenario. I had to help him up into the truck by lifting his legs over the walls of the truck. He, himself, was smiling.


Rain

About an hour after we got back it started to rain and it rained HARD! We got three inches in no more than two hours. Our cisterns are full now! I was very happy that it didn't rain that hard on us as we climbed the mountain with materials from the crates.

We got some more rain today, but not as much. Tomorrow I'll be going back to the beach house to fix the old Lister generator - or at least try to get it running again. There is another group using the camp for an event this weekend so if the Lord wants the generator to be fixed, He might be pleased to fix it through me. I don't think the family will be going with me this time.

No comments: