Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another Day in the Office, Family

I spent all but about a half hour of my workday (7am to 5pm with an hour lunch) in the office. Things went pretty good - just a couple things that were not real straight forward, but not a big deal. I spent most of the day continuing to work on the Access database by adding a section for entering and reporting the electricity usage here. Some electricity is delivered by the country's power (EDH) and some is by our generator - this makes the reporting and tracking a bit complicated. I also worked more on the payroll aspect of the database. All of these things are on Excel and not integrated like they will be when I am done with them on Access - Lord willing.

Family

Carter has been helping me out in the office. He has even listened to a guy speak in Creole and knew where the thing was that he was asking for - I didn't catch it and Carter just took over telling me where the thing was. He has been a big help lately in the garage, too, by helping to take care (clean and fill with water) a battery in the Montero.

Lou seems to be doing pretty well - learning lots. He is attempting speak more (largely unsuccessful) and is doing good with the potty training stuff.

Kayla is doing well, too. She came up for her own recipe for a bread that she calls "Yum Yum Bread" and, just as the name implies, it is yummy!

Tina is well, too. I am still sore form yesterday. Oreo is a good dog. Centipedes are gone (we tossed them over the wall). Hummingbird is still around, but I still haven't gotten a picture - he has been trying to drink from a large metal flower that can't taste good.

Ummm...that's about it - just another boring blog post. "Boring" can be good and "boring" is exactly what we need right now.

1 comment:

June Berger said...

I had to laught at your "boring" comment. I'm always saying "I'd like to try boring once!" I'm glad life is boring for a while :o)