Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Office, Permit, BCS

Yesterday was my last day in the office sitting in "the chair" behind the desk. Now it's time to get dirty again. Pastor Rob and his wife and Mr. Kyrk got home last night. Now we'll see if I messed anything up while they were gone... We'll see if I still have a job after this morning. Here's a shot of the office (can you find Waldo [Carter] in this picture - hint: I think he has a good idea?):


Permit

I was told by one of the workers yesterday that this morning we'll be going down (Tina and I) to sign papers for our permit to work/live here as well as possibly pick up my Haitian drivers license. About a month ago (time flies so it may have been longer) I decided that I shouldn't be driving because it is against the law here - and because there are few police around does not mean that it's OK to do. So, once I get my license, I can start to drive around on the streets once again.

Boring car stuff...

Late last week, the blue Isuzu came back with a broken cage. The back bar that had been bolted in (so we could remove it) was off because a bolt broke and the back driver's side of the cage broke. That will be one of the first things that I do when I start doing my blue-collar work. Don't look at that poor welding job in the picture - I am a newbie and that was my first real project (see why we have real welders working at the mission?).

No comments: