Friday, May 29, 2009

MAIL!, Blue Door, White Truck

We got mail today. Some books for homeschooling from the few things that we still posses in the States - Thank you Becky! We also got some treats from my parents - Thank you Mom and Dad! These two deliveries brightened our day a little (which we need pretty desperately, lately).

Boring car stuff...

The passenger door on this 1995 steakbed International truck would not shut - the hinge mount was destroyed. I was going to take the dump truck door (also a 1995 International), but it too is broken but not as bad. I mentioned to Mr. Kyrk that we should look into getting a new one and he mentioned that maybe the 1985 steakbed International might fit. We checked it out and, sure enough, it fits.

I am proud to have put the first discolored vehicle together for the mission. I've always wanted to do something like that and now I had a good reason. The blue isn't that blue because it's faded, but it's different enough for me. A number of our Haitian workers seemed to enjoy my work and those who travel in it often were very pleased.

No comments: