Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things

First of all, I'll mention what I know about the adoption. What appears to have happened doesn't necessarily (at this point) appear to have made the time to completion any longer. The information that we have leads us to believe that the adoption could have been done in a matter of weeks from now instead of a matter of months from now. I still do not think that I have all the facts. When I know more, I post again.

Carter, Pump

Carter helped me hook up the water lines to a pump yesterday morning.


Food

We have been making various deliveries of food to our schools. This food comes in every other month. I went with to make the delivery yesterday afternoon and it was nice to help the people at the school with the food and to speak with the children in Creole - my Creole is getting better just about every day.

Tina

We don't always feel like Tina looks here (Bonjou, Mme. Cleaver), but we do have our good days.


Kayla

Kayla has been helping out in the house quite a bit and occasionally fishing in the pond with her brother. I am aiming to paint up the zoo here a little bit to spruce it up and make it look better, so Kayla is going to try her artwork on the crocodile cage some day soon. The animals are looking a little hungry so Carter and I are making it our daily task to catch some rats for the crocodile and snake. Our grass by our house is getting long and we may chop that up soon to feed to the other animals.



One last thing:
Len and Adele are leaving today to go to our home state (MN) for a month and a half. We are going to try to find a way to fit all of us in their suitcases before they leave - if I don't write on the blog again for a while it's because we made it. Otherwise, I'll write again by the end of the weekend.

Another last thing: Connie from Canada is also leaving today after being here two weeks. She came to help out with two weeks of training that we have going on here (she works with ACSI). She has been a HUGE blessing to us by bringing in clothes and toys and school supplies for our family (and other families). Connie's daughter has been a huge blessing to Tina via email, too - her family has a child with Down syndrome. THANK YOU CONNIE!

Another last thing: The gentleman that borrowed money from me to pay for his daughter's immediate health needs said that he would be here today to give me my money back. I have more to add to the story and when he either does or doesn't come today - I'll let you know what happens.

Boring car stuff...

I'll spare you the details this time.

No comments: