Thursday, May 7, 2009

Busy Day, Break

I am "running the place" until Sunday when Mr. Chris comes back, but I will still be "running the place" through Tuesday when Mr. Kyrk gets back because Mr. Chris won't be in Mr. Kyrk's office where the workers are sent out daily to do various tasks. I am not really "running" anything, but just keeping whatever comes my way afloat. Yesterday wasn't too bad - I got everyone out and everything handled without any issues (that I know of - Mr. Kyrk will verify that when he gets back).

I even had time to coordinate and assist the cleaning of one of our depots and the movement of 300 50kg sacks of rice into that cleaned depot. I helped out our workers a lot and have sore muscles (mostly my upper back/shoulders area).

I spent most of the afternoon working on the Access database (lifting nothing more than my finger or a pencil). Things are coming along pretty good with the database. There are a lot of separated pieces that are coming together to make things more efficient. Here is a picture of what I have so far - I haven't removed the tables on the left, but when more people start using it I'll clean it up so no accidents are made (like deleting the tables):


Break

We could use a break sometime soon and are looking forward to the adoption being completed so we can take a much needed rest in the States. Some things are starting to wear on us here and it would be beneficial to take a break to reflect on things - to make sure that we are in the place God wants us and to make sure we are doing the things that God wants us to do.

There are so many things here that need to be done and could be done that it would be easy to get caught up doing everything and not getting the right things done. Things like this help to keep our eyes focused on the prize and to run the marathon race without being distracted along the way.

1 comment:

T and T Livesay said...

Sigh.

A break from here would be good for you - we're wishing for the same thing. Darn adoptions.