Friday, May 9, 2008

The Hard Part Shared

We had one of my parents neighbors call yesterday and Tina said to Kayla, "The Lord is sending the buyers (for our stuff). He is doing the hard part." Kayla then said "We have the easy part." It's amazing how steadfast children are. They are so trusting in their parents - reliant. They lean on them for everything. This is a representation of how we need to be towards God. The more we lean on Him and trust him for EVERYTHING, the more he supports us, directs us, guides us in His way to do His will. If the things that we pray for and desire are not in line with His will and not desired for the benefit of Him and His kingdom, we should not expect those prayers and desires to be met.

The next hard part that we have to do is make a decision regarding the dog. Travelling her with us will be significantly more difficult. American Airlines is the only State-side airline that still goes to Port-au-Prince. They will not take a dog over 100# nor will they take it to a location where the forecasted temperature is higher than 85 degrees. We have considered driving down to Florida and then taking a small airline to Cap Hatian but that is about 100 miles from where we have to go. That means that we have to find a ride to Kenscoff (BHM). All of that will be more expensive.

Then there is the matter of having her there. Where we will be staying, there is no grassy area nearby. So, unless I build a large litter box on a roof-top patio area right outside our apartment area, there is no easy way to take the dog potty. Then there is the food. When there are people starving for lack of food, can we justify buying food for our dog?

The only thing that makes me want to keep her is that Kayla and Carter like her so much and she would be a little part of their former home. They once said that they would rather give her up now than bring her down and not be able to bring her back. We will most likely not be able to bring her back (if the Lord calls us back) because she should be about 120# by that time. Another airline may be able to haul her, but again that would take more money. When we have people donating money to help us in Haiti, is it OK to use so much to bring a dog? I am not comfortable with that. The food part is the biggest struggle.

Anyone want a great dog? She is very calm and wonderful!

I want to share a song...

Living For Your Glory
Tim Hughes

What good is it to gain the whole world, but lose your soul?
What good is it to make a sweet sound, but remain proud?
In view of God’s mercy, I offer my all

And take my life, let it be everything, all of me
Here I am, use me for Your glory
In everything I say and do, let my life honor You
Here I am living for Your glory

The road I’m on that leads nowhere without You
And the life I live that finds meaning and surrender
In view of God’s mercy, I offer my all

Seeking first the Kingdom
Seeking first the Kingdom of my Lord