Saturday, May 10, 2008

Going Once, Going Twice... (various)

SOLD!!

I think we have been busier than Target at Christmas time. I posted my motorcycle on Craigs List and it sold in less than 24 hours (sooner than I really wanted or expected it to because I still have a job to go to - a photo of me [thanks Dad!] in my 'good to 16 degrees gear' is below). I have someone coming this week to buy the 12-ton shop press. I have been wheeling and dealing with someone on our porch furniture. The phone is ringing off the hook! I hope to have nothing left for the garage sale!! :-)


Webcam

So the other day I bought a webcam (my first) and hooked it up. I called my dad (a couple miles away) and we got them working. This is going to prove to be a great purchase if the satellite internet connection at BHM is fast enough. Even if it isn't, the voice-only should be a great way (at a great price - free) to communicate with freinds and family back in the States.



Leap...

In deciding on many things, we have been taking leaps. There are so many smaller things (relatively speaking) that are fairly important, but we just haven't had the time to think about. It's not those decisions that we are leaping with - those details will get worked out later. It's the big ones like selling the house, quitting my job, getting rid of the cats, selling the motorcycle/furniture, etc... When I was emailing someone at BHM, he suggested that we should "just do the next thing." It feels as if thats where we have been for a while. Once one thing gets done, we do the next thing. We haven't taken the time to sit and rest in what has happened. We do the next thing (which seems to frequently involve leaping) and when that gets done, we do the next thing (leap).

Tickets (the next leap)!

We have officially committed to not bringing the dog. It'll be too much effort, cost too much money, and I honestly struggle with buying food for a dog when there are lots of children eating dirt to satisfy their stomachs.

I bought the tickets Sunday morning and I was surprised by the low cost that I found with as few stops as possible. We are going to be going from MSP to MIA to PAP all in the same day (most seem to be spread over two days). To make the tickets even cheaper, about two months ago I received a credit card offer in the mail from American Express. This offer waived the annual fee for the first year and if I charged $500 on the card by the end of April, they would give me 50,000 miles. So I charged $500 and got 50,000 miles. That's $500 off my American Airlines flight! A guy at work wanted that deal so he called and tried to get it. They would not let him have it because it was by invitation only. God has great timing! I normally shred credit card offers. The Lord made me open and look at this one. God is good!