Saturday, February 7, 2009

Relaxed

We arrived Friday around 10AM and relaxed. We had fun in the pool Friday afternoon & Saturday morning and we had fun watching Little House on DVD before we went to bed. We forgot how annoying and public/cable TV is with the commercials they display - we shut it off, walked away, and hope to not turn back.





We ended up leaving on Saturday afternoon, because Tina didn't sleep to well (the bed was really hard and stiff - it was two twin sized put together to form a queen so there was a seam in the middle). Tina, Kayla, and I were on that bed and Carter got to sleep on a cot all by himself.

The orange juice at the restaurant was greatly improved (a blessing to me because I LOVE ORANGE JUICE and I don't get it much here at all). We ate their free breakfast which was very good and I ordered a cheese omelet because I had it last time and it was really good (and they still make it very good).

Since the internet connection was AMAZINGLY FAST at the hotel (it about 4x faster than at the Mission on a good day), I took the liberty to display a few videos for your viewing pleasure. This one is of Lou when we sing one of our Bible memory verses (we did a real bad job singing in this video). Why he makes this face we have no idea, but he does pretty good making the clicking noise with his tongue at the end!



I put on YouTube because it worked better and faster for me. It is one of the baby pig that we got to replace the butchered pig. He was LOUD!!



Coming back was nice and, at the same time, not so nice. It was good to come to the realization that the Mission is feeling like home and we aren't as comfortable just anywhere. It was not so nice because we came back and I was torn between continuing my rest and working with Cliff. Since Cliff is leaving Monday and we don't work Sunday, it was my last time with him to go over the vehicles more with him around. So I went and worked the whole afternoon. It was good that I did, but it kinda took the "relaxing" out of the "relaxing weekend." The real vacation will come when we go back to visit friends and family back in the States after the adoption is complete (of which we have NO IDEA or NO INDICATION of when it will be done).

Thank you, again, Mom and Dad for this great Christmas gift of being able to get out and away for a little while! If it comes to it, we'll use our second day in a few months and stay for just one night again.

No comments: