Thursday, February 19, 2009

Facebook, Bull vs. Cow

Just two quick things to mention:

Facebook

I have deactivated my Facebook account. This isn't because of any particular friend request, but rather because I have to whittle away at things that take up my time from doing things that I need to do and should be doing. I am still friends with you all, it just won't be posted on the internet. If anyone wants to know if I am still their friend, just send me an email and I'll let you know. And if you want me to post that you are my friend on my blog for whomever reads this blog to see, let me know and I will.

We continue to plow because we love the Lord and His people...

Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” - - Luke 9:62 (ESV)

...and pray that we are fit.

This is by no means saying that we are working for our salvation...

"yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified." - - Galations 2: 16 (ESV)

We continue to put great effort into the current season in our life. The season that the Lord has chosen for us is a season of family. Our family is our primary focus. We just happen to be doing it on the mission field - an added challenge. We ask for your prayers that we can continue to keep this as our focus until this season ends and a new one begins.

We are trying to put much of our effort into ensuring our children are brought up under the guidance of the Lord and are well mannered. Tina and I know the wonderful benefits of being a slave to, and having faith in, a Great King and want to pass this understanding onto our children.

Bull vs. Cow

I am the grandson of a farmer (Grandpa - thank you so much for having a farm! I have such great memories of you and your farm. I enjoy thinking about those days gone by!). My sister is a granddaughter of a farmer. She is still somewhat involved in farming in a more removed sense, but still involved nonetheless. She corrected my terminology and sent me an email. The animal that we butchered is a bull, not a cow. Thank you, Becky, for the great detail of body parts that allowed me to properly analyze what animal we had before us. I love my sister!

No comments: