Friday, February 13, 2009

Go Ahead, Laugh - I Can Take It

Yesterday Mr. Kyrk and I worked to get more diesel out of the tank that is broken. It is never an easy straight-forward task to get the pump all hooked up - there are always problems. We got it pumping to a point where we didn't have to hold things by hand (because it was going to take another set of hours to get it done).

We were babysitting the pump and talking when I saw a rat behind Mr. Kyrk. I mentioned it to him and he went to get a pellet rifle to take care of it. He shot and, because the scope was off, he missed.

Because we were babysitting, we had nothing better to do so we marked a target and started to line up the sight. He shot a few times and got the sight very close. Then I took a turn.

Now, I have played games using a scope (killed too much time playing SOCOM), but it's not the same thing (I found out - duh!). I have a decent imagination and have always wondered how well I would do as a long-range distance sniper (had the Lord put me in one of the armed services). I may have just smashed my dreams and found out how I would have done...

I was lining up the sight and pulling the trigger (which had a real hard pull). Then it fired. I think I remember a little hit in the head, but it didn't hurt all the much. The next thing I know, blood is dripping down the outside of my nose. I could make all sorts of excuses (I think I came up with some good ones, didn't I Mr. Kyrk?), but the simple fact of the matter is that I had my face too close to the scope and the kickback rammed the scope into my face. Lesson learned...

In this picture, it doesn't look too bad. I think that it is deep enough to maybe have stitches, but it should stay together OK (we'll see). Ignore the dirt on my face and head - this is after a full days work and breathing in lots of diesel fumes.


I think that God has made me more of a mechanic than a pest control novice. Perhaps if the gun needs to be fixed, I could be of some use...

1 comment:

orphans4me said...

Sorry I haven't checked here in awhile. I was just going through the RR list. I hope your 'owie' gets better from the scope and i hope you have solved the reflux problem.
Joy,RR