Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Welder/Generator, Remains

Yesterday, Mr. Kyrk and I worked on making our new welder/generator a bit more mobile. It had little 4-5 inch wheels under it that made it good for only smooth concrete. Any welder that we have needs to go off road - an ATW, if you will (All-terrain Welder). Mr. Kyrk and I decided on this wheel-barrow-like design with a knobby air filled tire (with bearings). It is a better design than the old one which had two wheels on the end opposite of the handle. The handles for this one were taken from the old one (various modifications were made to make it fit). We have to put the rear legs on it so that it sets down level and then it'll be done and ready for use. It is diesel instead of gasoline which is a much cheaper fuel. The yellow machine is the welder/generator:


Here is Oreo enjoying the remains of the bull.


Here is Oreo chilling out on Carter (she is a real sweet dog and always has to be touching her family - she was a good find).



I have some more updates that I would like to give, but I have to get going right now. I'll try to post them later today.

No comments: