Monday, February 23, 2009

Bunnies, BCS

We have rabbits here at the Baptist Haiti Mission zoo. What do rabbits do best? Multiply of course! Here are a few new ones. Carter asked me if he could have a rabbit. I said sure! As long as you keep it at the zoo. He was so excited (I don't think that he realized that nothing would be different except that now he calls it his).

The little gray one that Carter is holding really likes him. He'll lick his neck and sit comfortably. The brown one that Kayla is holding is "her bunny." (the camera focused on the fence instead of their faces, but you get the point.)



Boring Car Stuff...

Things seem to happen in streaks here. If it's not tires, it's batteries. If it's not batteries, it's fender-benders. Late last week started "alternator week." The white Pathfinder had issues first, then the big white International steakbed, and last (but not least) it's the Mitsubishi Montero. One of the workers brought an alternator in for the pathfinder, but it was the wrong one (I had it 80% installed before I could tell that it wasn't the right one). I replaced the International alternator today and tomorrow I'll take out the Montero's to go buy the right one.

I fixed a flat in the Patrol, replaced a ball joint in the old Landcruiser, and tried to change oil in the Isuzu N series truck (someone bought the wrong oil filter). I changed the oil in the generator today (and fried a spot on my balding/shaved head using the exhaust of the running generator - - ouch!). I even went to the hospital (not for my burned head) to fix the autoclave (for sterilization) and found that the wiring was bad at the plug and it had a couple bad fuses. All in a day's work.

No comments: