Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Internet Issues, Butchering

We have had internet issues and it may continue for a few days. If we are slow to reply to emails or post new stories, please forgive us.

Butchering

The butchering went great today (especially for me since I only helped for 1/4 of the bull). Mr. Kryk and Mme. Kyrk did most of the work (I feel like rhyming now) and it took just about all day. We'll all get lots of meat out of it. There will be another cow on the way soon I am sure.

We left to go shopping around 1:30 for groceries and just before we left, we found out that one of our drivers was stuck on the side of the road. We spent over an hour with him trying to fix the issues. I am glad that we had one extra brand new battery and I am glad that I brought it along. It appears now that the alternator is shot on that truck, so we'll be working on it tomorrow.

I am not sure that I could find missionary work that would allow it full time, but I sure do enjoy driving in the craziness of Haiti and downtown. Tina feels differently. Much differently.

No comments: