Monday, September 28, 2009

Transmission - Part II

It's been a while since I have posted any boring car stuff. The adoption stuff is beginning to get boring, too. I may call about the progress on the passport on Wednesday afternoon, but I am not sure yet so...

Boring Car Stuff...

The transmission on the old Toyota that I repaired a few thousand miles ago started going bad about a month ago. I thought for sure that I did something wrong when I put it back together but after taking it apart today, another part failed that caused 3rd and 4th gear to go bad. It also chewed up the synchronizers for 3rd and 4th as well as took a couple chunks out of a few gears. Tomorrow they'll hopefully buy the parts and Wednesday I'll hopefully put it back together.

1 comment:

Debbie Woodward said...

Ken - hang in there. I'm hopefully going to make another trip to Haiti in November if everything works out. It will be a solo flight from the states but never solo when I am there.

I'm going to watch Tara Livesay run the Twin Cities Marathon this weekend and go to the Worldwide Village Festival for Haiti. I'm so happy for her and the severely malnourished children in Haiti.

Hope you are back in Minnesota before I get to Haiti.

Peace and blessings to you and the family.

Debbie Woodward