Thursday, September 17, 2009

Almost..., Side Note

The translation is done and I have emailed it to the USCIS person who has been so very helpful. He is working on the fingerprint situation so we do not have to go take them again. Once he has that squared away, we should have our approved I600 which makes the visa all ready once the passport is finished. I am thinking that we will have that today or tomorrow.

We are on day 6 of a 2-3 day passport process according to our orphanage director. She told me 3 days ago that we would have it yesterday or the day before. I am thinking that any and all dates are just random guesses to keep us going. We have seen how long it takes for other people, so we are not too surprised by missing these dates that she gives us. We are thinking based on others' experience that we'll have the passport completed Monday.

After the passport is done, we need to have a doctor appointment set up for Lou which may take a day or two and then a day or two to get the visa linked to the passport. Then...it's over. So...almost...

Side Note

We got more food in at the mission for the affiliated schools and churches. I have been helping to unload/load the sacks of rice, beans, etc... Yesterday, I was lifting the sacks down off the truck to workers so they could carry them on their heads elsewhere and I pulled a muscle in my back. I have been sitting and laying down ever since (it happened in the morning). I will not be working today either because it is too bad. I can hardly walk and sleeping wasn't too good last night. I have a friend that recently fell off a ladder and he broke two vertabre (among other things) - I now have a very brief idea of how he feels. I am sure he is/was much worse than I am. Dave, I hope you are feeling better!

No comments: