Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Still Waiting

I am very thankful to have found someone here at the mission to work on the translation of three pages for the USCIS to approve the I600 in the States instead of in Haiti. It appears that an excellent job will be done and it should be done today if things went as planned. I will then scan the originals and send them to the USCIS for approval - I anticipate a day or two for that approval.

As far as the title of this post, we are still waiting for the passport. Today is day 5 of a 2-3 day wait. Since we do not have the I600 finished yet, there is no time lost waiting for this passport, but it would be nice to have it ready and waiting when we finish the I600. The I600 could have all been done a long time ago had the Orphans First program information been followed through on by all parties in this adoption process. We trust and rely on our faithful Lord.

We are getting a little anxious around here wanting to pack and sort through things. We have said that we won't be doing anything until the passport is finished. As soon as we hear that it's done, we'll be packing like squirrels on a sunny autumn day in Minnesota. It is difficult to maintain composure sometimes - I am starting to allow myself to be excited and happy that we may actually be near the end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be excited too. Hope it all comes together for you soon.

Jan

Cindi Campbell said...

I can only imagine the excitement you guys are experiencing. I went to help out my parents once for a few weeks in another city far from my home. I was so homesick and missing my family that when it was finally time to go home I threw everything I had brought into my car . I had never driven so fast and didn't stop for over 4 hrs. I can only imagine your joy that this process is almost over. Blessings for your new chapter and I pray your transition will be a smooth one.