Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Old Football Injury

Carter and I were playing catch with a nerf football (thank you Colleen!) when we had an incomplete pass on my end. Since I was being a tired, lazy father and playing catch by laying on the couch, he had to go get his own thrown incomplete pass (nice catch Dad). On his way by, he gave me a high five and then this happened...


The defensive player gave him a cheap shot. Mr. Connie Crete jumped out and kerplunked him right on the forehead. I thought that his hand hit the couch on the way by based on the noise it made, but that is not what happened. After applying some very aged 3M bandages from when Tina worked in Package Engineering nearly 10 years ago, the wound is now pulled together and he is walking on his feet. I am sure that Mr. Crete will be fined by the commissioner. (For you sports guys out there, I may not have the fining system all straight because I am not a sports guy - but a fairly decent attempt at the humor of it don't you think?)

2 comments:

Krista said...

Ken, I remember an old football injury I incurred in your parent's backyard in Cottage Grove. It involved me "going long" right into a tree. I had a skinned upper lip for a week. =P
My mom shared your blog/journey with me- you and your family are in my thoughts!
Take care, Krista

Ken Schlorf said...

I don't remember that injury (probably because it didn't happen to me). I am sorry that is one of your memories of me. :-)

I enjoy your blog, too, Krista! I hope that you like the nature pics I include. I enjoy yours!