Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Dad is his name,
Cribbage is his game.
My Dad has worn many a hat,
"Dad" is of the ones he is best at.

My Dad is a good man,
He has always done the best he can.
From playing catch with a ball,
To baiting a hook and all.

As a farm boy, he had a green thumb,
As a working man, he made computers look dumb.
As a husband and dad, he provided day and night,
As a grandpa, he makes sure the bed bugs don't bite.
(And if they do,
hit them with a shoe.)

As he and I grow older,
I appreciate him more and grow fonder.
I love him as a Dad and friend,
No matter when or where the end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Son. Thank you for the very nice poem. I think that you are the greatest too. (Hugs) to you and all your family. Love, Dad

Ken Schlorf said...

You're not just saying that because I am your only son, are you? :-)