Monday, June 8, 2009

Interview

An interview is scheduled for Wednesday, June 10th at the US Embassy with Lou's parents. If all goes well, they will go and state that they gave him up and could not (and can not) support him and his needs. The US Embassy will officially declare him an orphan (among a couple other things) and then we are just one step closer to being finished. How close? It's too hard to tell. I keep telling myself 6-8 months (and have been for the last year or so).

It's kinda like my Mom setting her clock 5 minutes ahead of time so that when she looks at it she thinks it's right, but when she thinks about it she knows it's really five minutes ahead of time. (I am poking you in the ribs, Mom.)

I am thinking that it really won't be 6-8 months, but when I look at it I want to think it's 6-8 months (As Foghorn Leghorn would say: Is any of this getting through to you, boy?)


Please pray that our adoption gets finished up. We need your prayers!

3 comments:

Lena Just Lena said...

I'm right there with ya-setting the clock ahead....saying the same time frame (oh about a year or so) every time I'm asked, regardless of how long it's been. It's sort of a time warp thing for me.

Praying all goes well and you get final approval FAST. Supernaturally Fast.

Anonymous said...

So hoping it goes well.

Wanted to share this video with you too. Someone pointed it out to me and I thought I'd share it w/you guys. Something to work on.

http://sealbark.blogspot.com/2009/04/reading-and-down-syndrome.html

Jan

dorrfamily said...

Ken, Tina and family,
We hope that the meeting goes well on Wednesday for all of you. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers and we hope that the adoption process finds a end soon. Continued blessings to you all. Love you!
Kelly, Shannon, Ashley and Abbey