Thursday, November 6, 2008

Work, Relationships

These last few days have been a bit rough - lots of food is coming in and going out. We are unloading trucks into our depots and then unloading our depots into our trucks for delivery to communities through our schools and churches. My muscles are once again very tired and sore. I find that physical work like this is more taxing and tiring than my previous mental work at a desk job. My brain never got visibly bigger, but my muscles are visible bigger.

I am growing my relationships here with our Haitian workers. It's nice to go out and have struggles with where we are a team and do teamwork. From working in the garage to going and have to unload a lot of crate - it create a good camaraderie and friendships! As I learn the language better (I am doing pretty well now and can understand most of what people tell me in the garage), the more I will be able to build friendships/relationships. I am looking forward to this! We start our Creole lessons tomorrow afternoon.

Boring car stuff...

I finished replacing the bushings on the Ford Ranger this morning after helping a little bit to unload food. I am still waiting to take out the transmission of the Landcruiser - it's always going out, but I think I'll just have to take it apart so it can't go out.

No comments: