Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BHM: Ken's Field Journal, Millipede

Word got out here at the mission that I was keeping a blog and that sparked conversations. I offered to keep one for the BHM website and it is now a done deal. I have yet to write my first one (within a week, Lord willing), but the BHM website is all set up for it. It will focus on the things that are going on at the Mission at the very least and may have things from my perspective (as the newbie) as well. I'll put an update on this blog when I have made my first post to the BHM site.

Carter found a millipede today. Look at all the legs on this thing - it seems to have a pretty hard shell on it too. (How do you like this bug, Sharon?)




Boring car stuff...

I have been doing various things lately like working on a motorcycle, a generator, a and a generator powered welder. I fixed (after MUCH troubleshooting) someone's Hyundai Tuscon - it had a fuel issue that turned out to be a busted hose INSIDE the fuel tank, inside the fuel pump assembly - a really odd thing in a really odd spot. The dealer tried to sell them an EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculator) valve (it's a turbo) and a new fuel pump to the tune of over $1000 US dollars and we ended up fixing it for free with what we had (just some spare hose sitting around). I am also continuing to work on the cage for the new pickup - I hope it is done soon because I feel like it's hanging over my head. I should have parts tomorrow to start putting the transmission back in the old Landcruiser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken,

That "bug" isn't so bad. But still falls under the creepy, crawly catagory.
Sharon