Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dog, Cat, Moon, Transmission

The dog likes to dig her nose into the ashes in our fireplace - we have nothing to cover it up and keep her out of it.


Cat

The reason we think the dog likes to do this is because the cat made a couple of "messes" in there during the night. The cat also recently watered the corner of our bedroom. We were getting a little sick of her behavior. We were recalling the real reason we got her which was to create more kittens. With that thinking, we decided to start letting her outside more so that she would get used to the great outdoors and raise her kittens properly (chasing mice and rats). She had been let out before and rarely strayed off the front porch. Well...we let her out yesterday morning and haven't seen or heard from her since. We not sure that she'll come back. We'll keep you posted.

Moon

Here is a shot of what reminded me of a harvest moon in back in MN. We saw it yesterday morning and, unfortunately, all you can see is the moon itself (which is still pretty).


Boring car stuff...

I have been working on the transmission for the Landcruiser 70 Series. I got it out and it took me a little bit of deciding (with various opinions) of whether or not to take it apart myself. In the end, I decided to do it. I started at the transfer case end because it was leaking and I thought I could take the whole thing off as one unit - I was wrong. I ended up taking all the pieces off that I could to get to the first gear which was popping out all the time. I lined the parts up nicely in the back of the Landcruiser.


I got this far yesterday and couldn't figure out how to get further. I may have to use a gear puller or some sort of bearing separator to get the rest of it apart.



I worked on the cage for the new Landcruiser 70 Series and hope to finish that up by the end of the day tomorrow - but we'll see.

No comments: