Thursday, January 1, 2009

Logs and Misc.

It's been a little while since I last posted. Mr. Kyrk and I have been working a bit on cleaning up the large logs that were left by the hurricanes. We hollowed a number of them out. We have been making various things using them including this little playground, a bench, and even some coffee table tops. It's been a lot of work. We have gotten some good wood chips out of it that makes for some great fire starter.



On Tuesday this week, I was asked to look at a centrifuge (I like the variety). It turns out that there were two of them (of three) that were broken - they didn't turn on. I looked at one of them and all that the motor needed was some brushes/carbon so I took some extras that fit closely and it worked. The other one was a bit more complicated, I took it apart and saw that there was a short against the metal case - one of the wires had broken insulation. I repaired the wire and it worked again.


Here is a picture of a very pretty caterpillar that one of the kids found:

No comments: