Thursday, January 22, 2009

Humble Pie, Refr

Well...people who read this blog frequently will recall that the Ford Ranger had a number of issues one day awhile back. It has continued. The latest is because it recently broke down and some Haitian guys (non-mechanics) helped to repair it before Kyrk and I got there. They took things off that didn't need to be taken off in order to make the repairs. When they put things back together, they didn't put them on tight enough and didn't use the original parts (cotter pins). When the truck made its way back to the Mission after that incident, I checked everything out - or at least I thought I did. It turns out that I missed one part - the part that came apart yesterday when Pastor Rob was travelling. The ball joint made it's way lose and in the process destroyed itself beyond use. We were fortunate to find one in a town nearby. I feel bad because it is something that I should have looked at, but missed it and it cost Pastor Rob about 4 or more hours. I am certainly not an ace mechanic.

Here is a shot of where it broke down. The photo doesn't show how steep the road was.


Yesterday was a day filled with one issue after the other.

Refr


Tina just went to the frig this morning and realized that it was left cracked open all night. We didn't have any EDH (city electricity) which was probably a good thing because our electric bill would have been real high. The good thing about not having much food is that very little has to be thrown away. Most things in there are at room temperature. When I turn the electricity on at 7:30, things will cool off once again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Room temperature is still pretty cold these days :)