Thursday, April 17, 2008

Selling the House

We spoke with our Realtor on Tuesday evening and signed papers to put our house on the market on Monday. We had originally planned to go to a homeschooling conference on Wednesday of this week, but since we'll will have our house on the market in five days, we decided to stay home and start making our house look like a model home.




We are going through a lot of the stuff that we have accumulated and it's amazing the sheer number of things that we have. Tina has been decluttering things for a while and I had been, too, (in the garage) and still there is still so much to get rid of. We are having a hard time figuring out what to do with things: store them and pay for that storage, sell most of it and have nothing, or ship it all right away. I hope to figure this out soon!

I am having trouble at work with not being forthcoming of the things I am going through. The fact that I am selling my house isn't a secret, but the true reason why is still a secret. I have decided that until I know without any doubt that we are going, my work will be the last place to know. If by the slim chance that we do not go, I do not want my work to think that this is a possibility and have it affect their decisions in the future. I don't like doing this, but I haven't told a lie yet - if we do not end up going to Haiti, we will be moving somewhere between Woodbury and Minneapolis.

So we'll work hard to get the house ready and continue to take the next step(s).