Friday, December 5, 2008

Much to talk about

Monday we got our boxes that we have been waiting for since August. It is nice to have that gone from our thinking. The most important box of the group came from my parents (with many good things like a board game that we like to play that my dad made (pegs and jokers):


Lou took this picture...just kidding - he was sleeping


Carter's and my RC trucks, and pillows!!). It came and it looked like they dropped it from the plane without a parachute, but somehow NOTHING was broke inside of it.

There was a couch and love seat in another apartment here at the mission in another building and it was offered to us instead of the one that we have now (which isn't too comfortable). We sent it a couple days ago to get recovered and the love seat came back today. It is pretty nice and more comfortable. The couch should come today. This is the Mission's furniture and I believe that we'll end up either paying for the re-cover or helping to pay for it. It wasn't too expensive - pretty cheap really by US standards. It will be nice to have more sitting area!

I got a nasty cold a couple days ago and am slowly getting over it. Kayla got it a day after me and had a fever last night. Carter and Mom seem to be doing fine. Lou seemed to get it a little bit but not as bad. Mine was so bad that I took a "sick day" here and didn't do any work Tuesday.

Carter found this awesome caterpillar yesterday. Look at the big fake eyes near its head.


Boring car stuff...

I got the shift rails and forks on the transmission of the Landcruiser put back on and I have one part that I didn't put on right, so I have to take it apart a little bit to fix it. I hate to admit this, but there is an extra piece. Kyrk and I were working on it together when we took the shift rails off and we think that this little piece came from that area, but nothing makes sense. Once I fix this other part that I got wrong, we'll put it together and see if we can figure out what isn't working because that piece is missing. I can't believe that it isn't necessary - we'll have to figure out where it goes. I post a picture later of the piece.

No comments: