Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Logs

I worked on the log splitter yesterday so we could clean up the large trees from the hurricanes. Mr. Kyrk and I then started to pretend to be lumberjacks and artists. He made a tree chair for children (demonstrating how to use it are Jonathan, Naomi, and Rebekah (right to left).


We spent a good portion of the day sawing tunnel in one large piece. It was Mr. Kyrk's idea to make a tunnel-like gym out of a few so we started that today. It is not easy to cut out the center of this log - it's huge and the big chainsaw barely makes it half way. I'll take more pictures when we are further along (or when I think to take my camera out when we work on it next).

I managed to bang up my hand pretty bad earlier in the morning while using the log splitter. I smashed the pinky side of the right hand and now it is swollen and hurts to type (not so bad that I can't type though). Just when I thought I was getting over a stiff neck that I have had for 2 days this happens...oh well. One of the Haitian guys who was helping this morning went to help to put the log splitter away in a shed and accidentally pushed the muffler on the engine with the palm of his hand. We had just shut it off so it was VERY HOT. He burned it pretty bad and didn't want much of the ice that we gave him to use.

We are looking forward to spending some family time together tomorrow. I may be going with Pastor Rob on trip Friday (we hope to be back that evening - we're taking the Ranger).

No comments: