Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Post to Post, BCS

This is a post just to post. There is nothing going on with the adoption, we're sitting tight until mid/end next week when we'll put some effort to finding sources to help us push the visa through. Lord willing, that will help.

Boring Car Stuff...

We are selling a few vehicles here at the mission and I have been getting them in decent mechanical shape to sell. The one I worked on today was the Mitsubishi Montero. I had to replace two shocks, bushings, and the rear u-joint on the drive shaft. We may have buyer(s) for the Turbo Diesel Ford Ranger and the Mitsubishi Montero IO (smaller, less SUV-like SUV).

Not car related - I picked up a new Access database to work on. My shoulder has been hurting me for a few weeks now (muscle or ligament issue) and it will be nice to have a "desk job" for a little while to work on instead of being under cars/trucks and messing up my shoulder more (and banging my head - like I did today). This database is related the master classes held here at the mission (student, classes, grades, billing, etc...). It should make their administration operations more efficient because right now it is being managed in numerous Excel spreadsheets. Access allows for flexible reporting, too.

No comments: